More than 1,000 real estate professionals turned out in Brisbane today for the start of the Real Estate Institute of Queensland’s (REIQ) Property Occupations Act roadshow.
REIQ CEO Antonia Mercorella launched the statewide roadshow with a comprehensive presentation on Queensland’s new industry-specific laws which come into force on Monday, 1 December 2014.
“As Queensland’s peak real estate body, we’re committed to educating our members throughout the State about these important legislative changes,” she said.
“The Property Occupations Act marks an historic change for the Queensland real estate profession and all practitioners need to be fully prepared when it comes into force on December 1.
“Our roadshow provides the practical advice and training information real estate professionals need to adapt to the new laws.”
Ms Mercorella said the training sessions included a detailed overview of the new laws contained in the Property Occupations Act 2014 and the accompanying Regulations.
“The sessions include a number of scenario-based exercises to allow participants the opportunity to apply the training in a ‘real world’ context,” she said.
“There’s also a focus on new appointment requirements and forms, giving agents the skills they need to protect their commissions.”
Ms Mercorella, who is also the REIQ’s General Counsel and a solicitor by profession, is delivering all of the training sessions.
She was heavily involved in the development of the new laws and brings a unique insight into the application of those laws to agency practice.
Remaining REIQ Property Occupations Act Roadshow Dates & Venues:
- Ipswich/Western Suburbs – 9:30am-12:30pm, Thursday 20 November Spring Lake Hotel Function Centre
- Gold Coast – 9:30am-12:30pm, Wednesday 26 November Southport Sharks Football Club (Premier Room)
- Toowoomba – 10:00am-1:00pm, Thursday 27 November, Toowoomba Golf Club – Middle Ridge
- Sunshine Coast – 9:30am-12:30pm, Friday 28 November, Maroochydore RSL
- Cairns – 9:30am-12:30pm, Monday 1 December, Brothers Leagues Club
- Townsville – 9:30am-12:30pm, Tuesday 2 December, Rydges Southbank Hotel & Convention Centre
- Mackay – 9:30am-12:30pm, Wednesday 3 December, Magpies Sporting Club
- Fraser Coast – 9:30am-12:30pm, Thursday 4 December, Oceans Resort Hervey Bay
- Bundaberg – 9:00am-12:00pm, Friday 5 December, Burnett Riverside Motel
- Rockhampton – 9:30am-12:30pm, Wednesday 10 December, Travelodge Rockhampton
- Gladstone – 9:30am-12:30pm, Thursday 11 December, Gladstone Entertainment & Convention Centre