Rebecca Halton’s approach to leadership shatters conventional boundaries, marrying fierce ambition with a growth culture and a deep commitment to team wellbeing.
In today’s episode of the Courageous Conversations podcast, hosted by Leanne Pilkington, Rebecca recounts how her initial reluctance towards the real estate industry transformed into a drive to lead with passion and innovate.
Take a deep dive into how an unexpected phone call suddenly changed her career path and gain insight into how she expanded her business from managing 600 doors to an astounding 2500 properties, with plans for more.
Rebecca also reveals how she leads her team of 45, why empowering her team to make decisions is a must and how delivering feedback is a two-way process where the power of mistakes are embraced as learning opportunities.
She also shares her wisdom on wellness in the workplace, how she balances work and motherhood and what she hopes the rest of 2024 will hold.
“You find your comfort zone as an adult and a lot of people just stay in that, and that’s fine. (But) I like to feel a little bit of anxiety and nervousness and I like to overcome that. I think that helps me grow.” – Rebecca Halton
Some key highlights of this Courageous Conversation, hosted by Leanne Pilkington:
- 1:36 – Fast-track revelation: How Rebecca’s initial aversion to real estate transformed into her deep dive into the industry.
- 3:00 – Career curveball: The unexpected phone call that quickly reshaped Rebecca’s career path.
- 4:30 – Growth odyssey: How Rebecca orchestrated impressive business expansion, from managing 600 doors to a staggering 2500.
- 6:00 – Taking the leap: How a dare led Rebecca to auctioneering, how she championed auctions in a traditional private treaty market
- 8:50 – Fearless exploration: Why Rebecca pushes boundaries, steps outside her comfort zone and the resilience lesson she’s learnt from her children.
- 11:00 – Leadership mastery: Delivering impactful feedback, cultivating a leadership culture, and empowering your team to take the reins.
- 17:05 – The WOW ladder: How to exceed consumer expectations, level up your business, and avoid complacency.
- 19:40 – Wellness wisdom: Essential tips to nurture your team, yourself and break free from the guilt pendulum.
- 27:40 – Knowledge is power: What Rebecca wished she knew about loneliness at the start of her career.
- 30:17 – Embracing 2024: Rebecca’s plans for more acquisitions, expanding her BDM team, and cherishing quality time with her family.