Just when you think high-performing agent and Luxe Listings star Gavin Rubinstein might have reached the pinnacle of his real estate career, he shifts the goal posts again, revealing new intentions for business growth and further plans for market expansion.
Recently he did just that, announcing he would open a new office in Rose Bay, rebrand as The Rubinstein Group, rather than Ray White TRG, yet would still retain his long affiliation with the Ray White Group in a highly unique way.
It came off the back of Gavin’s biggest ever month in residential real estate sales where he personally transacted $83-$84 million worth of property and less than three years after he first stepped into leadership with his own office in Woollahra.
So what’s the big picture for an agent who seems relentlessly driven in the pursuit of personal and business excellence?
In this episode of the Elevate podcast, Gavin sits down with Elite Agent Managing Editor Samantha McLean to discuss the thinking behind the recent rebrand, including why he remains inextricably tied to the White family and the group which gave him his career start.
He shares his plans for the future and how he intends to achieve them, delves into how he balances leadership with a high-performing sales career, and explains why both came fairly naturally to him but are not without their challenges.
Gavin notes at the level where TRG operates, it’s not meant to be easy, but says he’s more than willing to take the bad with the good because it’s all about balance.
He offers a further insight into how he mentally manages that balance, including how he handles the inevitable criticism that comes with his high-profile, and shares why he’s now in need of a break to rejuvenate and recharge to retain the ‘fight’ and the ‘threshold’ needed for a high-performing career.
In a podcast that offers a real insight into the mindset of a top-performing agent and business leader, Gavin is typically forthright and revealing about the skills, hard work and techniques he has used to get where he is today.
And there’s a little gossip for good measure, with Gavin candidly answering the questions about Luxe Listings, what the next season is likely to reveal, what’s happening in his personal life and a whole lot more.
“Your belief needs to be stronger than their doubt and that’s just nothing I’ve ever struggled with. Since day one I just had a level of belief I was going to do some great things in this space. And that’s not fake, that’s authentic and it’s not an arrogant statement. I could tell it was coming naturally to me.” – Gavin Rubinstein.
Gavin and Samantha also discuss:
- How The Rubinstein Group rebrand was negotiated, what it will involve and why it’s mutually beneficial to Gavin and the Ray White network.
- Why Gavin wonders whether he savours the moment enough and how he’s an optimist, but a realist who is willing to take both the good and the bad.
- How Gavin manages his mindset and energy, and why every agent needs a break to maintain the ‘fight’ and ‘threshold’ that are required for peak performance.
- Why office expansion was all part of his grand plan, and where he envisages the next move will take him and his growing team.
- What makes a ‘TRG property’, why that phrase is all about marketing and branding, and how it fits into his greater expansion plan.
- Why Gavin remains tied to the Ray White network, and how it allows him to track his progress, benchmark his team’s results and achieve greater success.
- How the market is changing, what Gavin believes will happen next, and why he’s not worried that a shift is underway.
- What Gavin looks for in his team members, how he recruits and why he’s willing to hear from anyone with the hunger to take on a role at TRG.
- Why Gavin believes the third season of Luxe Listings Sydney is the best yet and how you will see him in action listing, training and negotiating his new office deal.
Plus much, much more
Links and resources mentioned
- The Rubinstein Group (TRG)
- Luxe Listings Amazon Prime
- Luxe Listings recaps
- Mark McLeod
- 5 marketing lessons from Luxe Listings Sydney that every agent can implement
Gavin on Elite Agent
- Step inside TRG
- Gavin Rubinstein’s TRG to expand without Ray White branding but still part of the group
- Gavin Rubinstein: How to help your team shine within your brand
- Gavin Rubinstein says Luxe Listings Sydney has made his business ‘magnet of attraction’
- Ray White TRG sets new group precedent
- Gavin Rubinstein: from #1 agent to #1 owner in a year
- What it takes in 2020 with Gavin Rubinstein
- Gavin Rubinstein kicking goals at Ray White TRG
- What Gavin Rubinstein did next – Episode 99
- Gavin Rubinstein to open Ray White office in Woollahra
- Ray White Double Bay parts ways with Gavin Rubinstein
Connect with Gavin