This episode of the Elevate podcast is brought to you by Connectnow
Want get inspired to start getting your brand out there on Instagram with stuff that really works?
There are lots of times we get all keen and enthusiastic about getting our online presence going, but plenty of things stop us, the time it takes, the fear of putting yourself out there, trying to think about what to post.
And even if you are a dab hand at things like Instagram reels, stories, snaps and the like you are no doubt going to learn things you didn’t know from this fun and easy listen with one of the most followed social media coaches in the world and that is today’s Elevate guest Chelsea Peitz.
A powerhouse of the real estate digital footprint, Chelsea was named the #1 Content Creator in the USA by Favicon and the #1 Real Estate Snapchatter in the US in 2017 by Inman News.
We’ve been following Chelsea for a while now (thanks to Ellen Farley) and she’s pretty fun to listen to watch and learn from.
Chelsea explains too often agents overcomplicate their approach to social media, treating it as an overwhelming task that either gets pushed to the backburner or becomes a bit of a second job that they struggle to fit into their busy schedule.
Chelsea also chats about how and why Instagram reels and IGTV are coming up the social media ranks as one of the most authentic digital tools in the industry.
“We’re real estate professionals. We’re not content creators. A lot of times that becomes an excuse. “I like to take away all the excuses. No, you don’t need a fancy camera. You have a phone. No, you don’t need to be making content every day. But what you do need to be doing is talking to people – the oldest sales strategy ever.” Chelsea Peitz
Samantha and Chelsea also discuss:
- Why you should break the ‘rigid’ social media rules and mend them to fit your personal and professional goals
- How to add value to your marketplace and niche which will lead to increased referrals
- Insights into Instagram’s reel and why the platform developers are focusing on smaller time creators (not just those with over 1 million followers)
- How to decipher Instagram analytics and use the metrics to boost your brand and profile
- The challenges of building trusted relationships with potential clients through your device and how to overcome them
- The ways you can translate social media followers to your database of interested clientele
- Why you should stop focussing on content and start focussing on commenting
- And more…
Links and resources mentioned:
- What to Post: How to Create Engaging Social Media Content That Builds Your Brand and Gets Results (for Real Estate) Chelsea Peitz
- Talking in Pictures: How Snapchat Changed Cameras, Communication, and Communities
Connect with Chelsea: