Albert Einstein has famously been quoted to say, ‘Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result”.
With that quote in mind, making 2021 ‘your year’ suggests that it may require you to make some changes to your approach, especially if you missed your last and previous year’s goals.
I am in the fortunate position to have and continue to work with high-performing sales agents who share eight fundamental traits which have helped them reach elite status.
Each of these traits are of equal importance and are strategic in helping each agent produce consistent and predictable results, year in year out.
The eight traits of equal importance are as follows:
- They become intimate with their data and appreciate the value of nurturing it.
- They invest up to 5 per cent of their annual GCI into becoming a personal brand and recognise the importance of being omnipresent.
- They practise delayed gratification and play the long game with the key understanding that the work they do today will bear fruit in six months and beyond.
- They set high customer-centric service standards; their clients’ needs always come first.
- They are always training and sharpening the saw, and have the mindset of perpetual learning.
- They employ multiple assistants and work as one team which provides leverage and consistency
- They only focus on high-value activities whilst delegating and outsourcing all low-value activities.
- They are givers, have an abundance mindset and love to share their knowledge and experience with others.
Whilst the above list is not exhaustive, they do represent the key elements required to reach elite agent status.
The interesting point to make is that one may assume that these traits are somehow built into their DNA and that each agent may have a natural propensity to apply them, however each is very much a learned skill.
Whether you have been in real estate for a year or a decade, if each passing year has been a repeat of the last, or you feel that you have reached a plateau and wish to break free and grow, it may be time to click the reset button and make 2021 ‘your first year in real estate’ by applying the eight traits of high performers into your business.
For more information visit eview.com.au.