On the back of a highly targeted Spring marketing campaign encompassing TV, online, print and outdoor, Domain Group report they are now reaching more Australians than ever before – with a clear dominant presence across social media.
This quarter has seen the Domain Group brands set a number of new monthly records across their digital assets.
Key highlights from the year, according to include:
- Domain Group brands reached a combined 4.69 million Australians in October 2016 – a new record
- Domain and Allhomes combined reached 4.55 million Australians in October 2016 – a new record
- Domain and Allhomes closed the audience gap to REA to 23 per cent (down from 31 per cent in June)
- Domain’s app was used by 1.14 million Australians – a new record
- Domain is one of the largest digital brands in Australia (see Chart 1, below)
- Domain has the largest social media following in Australian for property seekers – more than 1 million across several platforms
- Domain is the most engaged property page on Facebook globally
- Domain has the second highest number of Facebook followers for property pages globally
- Record 1.8 million video streams on Domain – tripling in one year
- The revitalised Commercial Real Estate brand reached 309,000 Australians, representing a year-on-year audience increase of 209 per cent
Unique Audience (Oct '16) MoM Change YoY Change
Domain/AH vs. REA Domain + Allhomes (Unduplicated) 4,547,000 6.3% Realestate.com.au 5,927,000 4.2% Domain Group Unique Audience Domain + Allhomes + TWR + CRE (Unduplicated) 4,690,000 4.5% CRE vs. RCA Commercialrealestate.com.au
309,000 -2.0% 209.0%
Realcommercial.com.au 362,000 -8.0% 19.0%
* Unduplicated reached across brands. Domain Group audited brands are Domain, Allhomes, CRE and TWR. Domain alone reached 4.34 million Australians, which was also a record. Source: Nielsen
Antony Catalano, CEO at Domain commented on the latest audience figures and Domain’s competitive position:
“A total of 4.69 million Australians engaged with the Domain brands in October making us one of the biggest digital brands in the country. The Domain team is abuzz knowing this is possibly one of the best turnaround stories in Australian media in only three years.”
According to Catalano, Domain lead the way with their digital strategy. “Our strategy has allowed us to reach and convert a whole new generation who put mobile and social at the centre of their media consumption. We are not only leading the country in social media for property, but we are world leaders in mobile and social execution for property seekers”, he said.
“Domain has evolved into a diverse marketplace with many areas of growth still to take off. We have barely scratched the surface in terms of Domain’s transition from a real estate listings portal into a media and lifestyle brand that takes consumers through the whole property lifecycle.
“I’m proud of the Domain management team, the people in our business who remain passionate and focused and I look forward to a huge 2017.”
CHART 1 (Domain UA, compared to other large media brands)