If you’re going to succeed in one of the most competitive real estate markets in the country, you’ve got to be able to put together an incredibly high-performing team.
That’s exactly what Ray White Upper North Shore principal David Walker has been able to do with his 19-strong team of elite agents.
In this interview with Ray White Group Head of Performance, Tim Snell, David talks about how he was able to go from starting his business in a garage to being one of the top performing businesses in the country.
David discusses what it takes to build a culture of success and how to go about finding the right people for the business and not simply putting “bums on seats”.
They also discuss how to develop agents from within and how to grow your business by focusing on other people’s success.
If you’re a principal or looking to build your own highly successful team, this interview will show you all the steps to get you there.
“The only person in real estate that you’re competing with is yourself. The moment you think you’re in competition with anyone else is the moment you’re not going to grow.” – David Walker
Tim and David also discuss:
- The importance of having areas of influence rather than farm areas to help grow your business.
- How to analyse your weakness as a business and find the right team members to address those problems so you can continue to grow.
- Why having quality over quantity can mean the difference between success and failure for a business.
- Why hunger, work ethic and being a team player are some of the most important qualities of agents who can help contribute to your business.
- How to manage ego and humility in a team of high-performing agents who are looking to be the best at what they do.
- Why culture is more important than anything else and how putting the right people in place is what will make or break your business.
- The most effective way to move away from listing and selling, to helping other people achieve success.
- How to provide growth, training and mental stability to help your team and business move in the right direction.
- Developing elite agents, by giving them the belief that they can achieve big things within the industry.
- Why surrounding yourself with elite performers can help drag you along and make you a better agent.
- Why you need to be able to have honest conversations to succeed in the current market.