The solution for real estate agents to “beat the robots” is not to bury their head in the sand but to master how they can us AI to future-proof their business and build their own empire.
That’s the message from Elite Agent Managing Editor Samantha McLean in the opening session of Transform 13, where participants from around the globe learnt how to use emerging AI tools to save themselves time, build their business, cut their costs and get a leg up on their competition.
That session has now been turned into a super masterclass where agents, property managers and business owners can discover how to add “real value” for their clients and their business in the era of AI.
Ms McLean said November 30, 2022 was the date “the world changed,” with ChatGPT released.
She said just like the Industrial Revolution and the advent of electricity or the telephone, the annals of history would one day show the Artificial Intelligence Revolution started at the end of November, 2022.
“What the customer will want from you as a real estate agent will change as a result of this,” Ms McLean said.
“Your cost base should change as a result of this because you should be able to start building empires and change how you add value.”
Ms McLean shared some innovative new AI tools agents can use to supercharge their capabilities, including:
- How ChatGPT can write a listing description in seconds, just by giving it an address.
- How to turn that listing description into a script for a video tour of the property.
- Tools to create that video, including images of the property and your personalised agent avatar to speak to your client viewers.
- How to clean and stage a room for photos in five seconds – without going to the house.
- How to absorb huge PDFs in a minute, such as CoreLogic data, and ask it questions.
- How GPT4 might affect a consumer’s search for a home.
Ms McLean said she’d recently penned an article on how agents could build their own empire and drastically lower their cost base through the use of AI tools.
“This is the new frontier,” she said.
“In that article I talked about some of the jobs that we could replace in real estate with AI – a copywriter, video producer, personal tutor, a leadership coach, a note taker, a data analyst or a photographer.
“This (AI) will change our jobs. It’s already changed my job. I use ChatGPT for all first drafts now.
“I used to start with a blinking cursor and think, ‘What the hell am I going to write here’ and now I go, ‘ChatGPT write me something about X, Y and Z’.
“It’s already changing what our jobs involve… We can’t just ignore it because it’s here and it’s not going anywhere.”
So how do agents “beat the robots?”
Ms McLean said it all comes down to following the PAIRS acronym, which stands for:
- Play. Embrace your inner child and play around with new AI technology to see what it can do.
- Adaptability Quotient. AQ is the new EQ and your ability to embrace change with curiosity is a skill you can develop.
- Impact. Analyse who you want your business to impact. Discover how you can ‘truly’ add value beyond what AI can do.
- Relationships. Networking and building relationships has never mattered more.
- Solving the struggle. Focus on what your clients want and need and solve their struggles for them. That’s where your knowledge is invaluable.
“The more struggles you can solve the more future-proofed you will be,” Ms McLean said.
If you want to learn more about how to future-proof your business you can watch the masterclass here.
And to take a deep-dive into how you can build your business empire in the world of AI, with a low cost base, you need to head to Elite Retreat in Bali in July. You can register for that here.