When Teza Fruzande arrived in Australia in 2010 a refugee, unable to speak English and living in a detention centre, he never expected he would go on to achieve Ray White Chairman’s Elite and become one of the top agents in the country.
Despite his incredibly challenging journey, the Ray White Logan City sales agent sold more than 200 homes last year and wrote more than $2 million in GCI through pure hard work.
In this interview with Ray White Head of Performance and Recognition, Bianca Denham, Teza talks about how he left his family and friends behind in pursuit of a better life and how he was able to climb to the top of the real estate industry in just six years.
Teza also reveals how his background as a professional wrestler helped give him the drive, focus and energy to become a top-performing sales agent and why it taught him the value of hard work.
He also mentions how relentless prospecting through door knocking, letterbox drops and cold calling all by himself, was a key factor in his rapid rise to success.
“I believe in working hard and I believe in myself. If there’s something that I really want to do I’ll make sure I get it done. I’ll just go in with everything I have. With every single bit of energy I have in myself, I go for that goal and I know I can get it done.” – Teza Fruzande
Bianca and Teza also discuss:
- Why Teza wanted to get out of his comfort zone to try and build a better life for himself.
- How he started buying and selling cars and why that gave him the belief that he could succeed in an industry like real estate.
- The bad experiences he had with agents and property managers that made him think he could do a better job.
- How Teza was able to sell a property within his first week of starting as an agent.
- The one thing Teza still does to this day that helps him get listings and better understand his local market.
- Why you need a clear vision of what you want to achieve, what your goals are and how that brings you energy.
- The importance of starting your day well so you can do your job better.