Tameka is an award-winning real estate professional who has both worked for others and now owns her own boutique agency – Key2 Property.
Her plethora of personal achievements include the President’s Award (REIT) 2018 and winning the REIA (National) Residential Property Manager 2019. She was also the winner of Elite Agent’s PM Transform in 2018.
In this episode of Elevate the theme is how to build a profitable real estate business – particularly in property management – where building the rent roll is all about quality over quantity.
“The further I get through my career, the more importance I’m placing on giving back to our industry so if you’ve got something that you can give to somebody else, why not share it?” – Tameka Smith
Download the action guide for this episode with more links and resources at https://eliteagentelevate.com
In this episode of the Elevate Podcast, Samantha and Tameka discuss:
- The secrets to Key2 Property signing more than 500 managements in under four years
- Why rentals and sales are given equal importance
- Tameka’s ideal client avatar and how that defines marketing strategy and decisions
- How working hands-on with staff and clients can help business growth – and why it’s hands-off for them for at least a year
- Tameka details her recruitment strategy, including recruiting people for their moral and cultural principles and not just their skill sets and mystery shopping her own team
- The “Good to Great” Flywheel of Property Management (Good to great)
- Tameka’s approach to Business Development and how she deals with landlords who say her fees are too high
- Technology, it’s benefits and how to future-proof your business from disruptors
- Tameka’s approach to content marketing and why she doesn’t worry too much about the competition
- Tips for building a rent roll from scratch
- Why giving back is so important.
- The Good to Great Flywheel by Jim Collins
- The Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape.
- Retired At 27 – If I Can Do It Anyone Can by Kirsty Dunphey
- Advance to Go, Collect $1 Million by Kirsty Dunphey and Lynne Payne
- Elite Agent Extra newsletter: “what I really love about that is when we get it, it’s an interactive tool in our office that our team can read, they can write their own take on it, and we can be talking about it at our quarterly training”.
Connect with The Elite Agent Team:
- Twitter: @eliteagentmag
- Facebook: Elite Agent
- Website: EliteAgent.com
- Show: The Elevate Podcast
- YouTube: Elite Agent Magazine
- LinkedIn: Elite Agent Magazine
- Instagram: @eliteagentmag
- Pinterest: Elite Agent Magazine