This episode of the Elevate podcast is brought to you by Connectnow
Homely is once again a marquee sponsor in Transform our 30 day challenge for Agents. Get an upgraded Premier Agent profile for free when you join the challenge
When it comes to local community, few people know the landscape better than agents and property managers.
After all, as a real estate professional, you’ve got your finger on the pulse of the best streets, the best schools, and the best places to get a darned good pizza.
That knowledge is a marketing opportunity many in the real estate industry miss.
In this Elevate podcast, Homely co-founders Jason and Adam Spencer explore how you can use that local knowledge to your advantage, generating leads while also improving your Google ranking.
Jason and Adam explain Homely was created out of a real need in real estate – a desire to really know and understand the place where you intend to purchase or rent your next home.
In the age of COVID, that need has never been greater, and Homely’s site visits are testament to this trend.
Started in 2014, the portal now has millions of users each month, driven by a desire to access authentic local content.
In the process Homely is taking on the major players as part of a family tradition where they’re encouraged to ‘swing for the fences’.
While this is a podcast primarily about how agents and property managers can use local knowledge to their marketing advantage, it also offers a great insight into the value of backing yourself when doubters abound.
“When we first launched people thought we were crazy but that’s half the fun. I love chasing those crazy big, silly ideas if you’ve got something unique and if you’ve got something different and we do at Homely,” Adam Spencer.
Sam, Jason and Adam also discuss:
- How to create local content that generates authentic leads
- The top topics that trend in terms of questions and discussion about suburbs
- How agents can improve their SEO ranking with hyper-local content (spoiler alert – this is the stuff you specialise in and know about implicitly)
- The innovative ways agents and PMs successfully use Homely to build a local profile and boost their business
- How Homely and its agent community solve one of the biggest problems in real estate
- Why Adam and Jason took on the big portals in the faith their offering was unique
- How they’re partnering with the industry and where they intend to go from here
- And more…
Links and resources mentioned
Homely in Elite Agent
- Homely partners with Raine and Horne
- Homely ranked as one of the top 10 real estate portals
- Homely launches Well Home Loans integration
Connect with Adam Spencer
Connect with Jason Spencer