Leanne Pilkington is a pioneer of industry firsts in real estate. The President of the REINSW, founder of Catch up with the Property Girls, the Real Women in Real Estate network and Managing Director of boutique real estate group Laing + Simmons, Leanne was the 2019 winner of the Gold AREA for Most Influential Woman in property. With thirty years of experience in the industry, Leanne is one of the most sought after and respected commentators in the country.
In this episode of the Elevate Podcast, we talk about leadership, the impact of Covid-19 on the real estate industry and being the voice of calm during a year that Leanne describes as relentless. We also discuss what it’s like being a woman in a male-dominated industry, the importance of recognising women in real-estate through awards such as the AREAS, and why her role now is not something she ever thought she’d be doing.
Download action guides for episodes of elevate with more links and resources at https://eliteagentelevate.com
In this episode, Samantha and Leanne also discuss:
- The importance of embracing clear, consistent communication in business;
- Why the concept ‘You can’t be what you can’t see’ should be embraced to encourage the next generation of industry professionals;
- Why Laing + Simmons chose to create a marketing campaign using real heroes and how they promoted it;
- The quality every effective leader must have, and;
- Leanne’s tips on creating a winning submission for AREAs 2020.
Links and resources mentioned
- REINSW information on the new legislation
- Real women in real estate
- Fair Trading real estate supervision guidelines
Submissions for AREAs 2020 open on October 7
- Information on entering
- Last year’s winners
- Laing + Simmons win Brand campaign of the year in 2018
- Leanne Pilkington: Smart, strategic and not to be underestimated
- Laing + Simmons real heroes