Kevin Chokshi moved to Australia from India as an 18-year-old to study IT, with two bags of clothes, $2000 in his pocket, no mobile phone and no connections.
In the space of just a few years, he has gone on to become Director at Ray White Cheltenham and one of the top 100 agents in the country, having made his start through a chance meeting with a property manager when he was working at a service station.
In this interview with Ray White Group Head of Performance, Tim Snell, Kevin talks about his journey – from starting out with nothing in a new country to building one of the most well-known brands in Melbourne and what it takes to be a top-performing agent.
Kevin outlines the power of building genuine relationships with people through being truly thoughtful and the small things he does to foster new business and generate ongoing leads.
He discusses the most important things a new agent should be doing to win new business as well as how to start your own franchise and why putting a team together around you is vital to long-term success.
If you’re looking to be a top-performing agent, this interview will outline all the small steps that you need to take to get there.
“Our team makes more calls in one day than most offices. I’ve got the time, the resources and the skills and my name’s everywhere. It’s going to be very difficult to beat someone with a team. It’s like you’re turning up to a fight with a pistol and I’ve got a tank.” – Kevin Chokshi
Tim and Kevin also discuss:
- Why thoughtfulness is the key to driving new business and how you can separate yourself from every other agent.
- How Kevin prospects for new business and the many different avenues he uses to get his name in front of as many homeowners as possible.
- What the most important metric for a successful agency is and how he was able to continually boost his numbers.
- Why the best way to fast-track your success is to build a team around you and how you identify when it’s the right time to bring on an assistant.
- The most effective way to protect future business and grow your business while also putting food on the table.
- How to deal with areas in your business or personal life that are slipping and the easiest thing you can do to instantly rectify them.
- Why a one-man operator is never going to be able to compete with a top-performing agent and what you can do about it.
- Why the ability to execute is more important than any well-laid plan or goals and what you need to be focused on doing in the next 12 months to grow your business the right way.
- What’s going to happen to the real estate industry in 2022 and what key trends Kevin feels agents need to know about.