Julie Gauci’s career in real estate started as a 19-year-old receptionist before evolving over 20 years into a sales powerhouse writing $1.7 million GCI in 2022 as Principal of Ray White Culburra Beach.
With the surge in interest in regional and coastal towns in recent years, Julie was able to leverage her skills and knowledge of auctions to transform the way property is being sold in regional areas.
In this interview with Ray White Group Head of Performance and Recognition, Bianca Denham, Julie explains why she believes the auction process can work in all locations and how she was able to use it to build a large market share in a small coastal area.
Julie also discusses the importance of putting in your time and how the 12 years she spent in property management was the perfect launch pad for a successful career in sales.
If you’re a selling agent operating in a regional location or if you want to understand the importance of process then this interview is for you.
“A lot of people come into the industry and they want to just happen like that, but there’s a lot of time and hard work and you’ve got to do the time and you need to get all the experience under your belt.” – Julie Gauci
Bianca and Julie also discuss:
- The power of doing auctions in regional areas and how that can help you stand out from your competitors.
- How to effectively auction properties in regional locations when there are people telling you “they don’t work”.
- The best way to deal with buyers who say “they aren’t coming to auction”, and how to talk them through it.
- Why auctions can help manage the volume of buyers and how the process doesn’t change during different market conditions.
- Key mistakes regional agents make with their sales and marketing process and how you can create better ways of doing things.
- Why honesty and transparency are even more important in small communities and why your reputation is at stake every time you sell a property.
- How to get started in real estate and set yourself up for success in the industry over a long period of time.