This episode of the Elevate podcast is brought to you by Connect Now
Alex Ouwens is co-founder of Ouwens Casserly Real Estate, better known as OC. Helmed by Alex and his business partner Nathan Casserly, OC is one of South Australia’s leading independent residential property firms. Since establishing in 2014, OC has sold more than $3 billion in property and now employs a team of more than 100 passionate property professionals.
In this episode of the Elevate podcast, Alex explains how he and Nathan guided his team during the COVID-19 pandemic, why becoming a real estate matchmaker is more relevant now than ever and how his first job taught him lessons he will never forget.
Alex also reveals the projects in the pipeline ready to take OC to the next level and why education and training is the network’s number one priority.
Download action guides for episodes of elevate with more links and resources at https://eliteagentelevate.com
In this episode Samantha and Alex also discuss:
- The hesitation in the property market for both buyers and sellers to make the first move
- How he is coaching his team to focus on the customer’s needs and understand their changing priorities in the midst of COVID-19
- The tech specialist team at Ouwens Casserly that enhances client touchpoints for the agents in the network
- The decision that led Nathan and himself to bring John Thompson into the fold as COO
- Why ‘Make it happen’ was trademarked to the Ouwens Casserly brand and what it means to the agency
- Why first-time leaders need a mentor and a framework to guide them through the difficult times
- The one question Alex asked during a job interview – and what it tells him about the person
- Why Alex’s dad is the most influential person he has ever met and why he decided to place him on the OC advisory board.
Reid Hoffman – Masters of Scale
Hamish and Andy
Elite Agent podcast: Episode 38: Guest Alex Ouwens on performance, growth, culture and Real Estate in South Australia