This episode of the Elevate podcast is brought to you by Connectnow
As the CEO of DiJones, Dean Mackie knows he’s responsible for a legacy. His name may not be on the door, but as the brand prepares to turn 30, he is the custodian of its future.
‘Brave, curious and authentic’ are just some of the words he uses to describe his vision for the company, noting as a leader he has come to understand it’s not about achievement but creating a business with purpose.
In this Elevate podcast hosted by podcast producer Cass Charlesworth, Dean takes a deep dive into what it is to redefine a brand, why it matters, and how DiJones is using technology to assist.
He also looks at the real estate trends that are becoming evident since COVID restrictions eased, and how that’s set to impact the industry.
Explaining the market is shifting, Dean shares his thoughts on what good agents need to be doing right now, what brands need to focus on to better service their customer, and how the real estate industry needs to get back to basics for the period ahead.
Dean also offers an insight into how the past 18 months have impacted him personally, the ways he sought to support his team, and why being named AREA Residential Agency of the Year gave DiJones a unique opportunity to take stock of their achievements and opportunities.
“Our focus is how do we unlock more? The future of DiJones lies inside my people, how do I help them unlock more and fulfil their potential? And how do I get them to do the same for our customers?” Dean Mackie.
Cass and Dean also discuss:
- How Dean used COVID lockdowns to rethink his company vision and personal leadership style
- Why a cooking class proved the highlight of lockdown for DiJones staff, and the other wellbeing initiatives they employed
- How agents coped with one-on-one inspections and why the legacy was incredible fatigue
- Why Dean believes kindness and respect matter more than ever to the real estate industry
- The ways DiJones is employing technology to improve the customer experience but retain the personal connection
- How DiJones created a winning AREAs submission and why it allowed them to take stock, recognise their achievements and find fresh areas for improvement
- What the AREAs win did for the DiJones team and why they’re nominating again this year
- Why DiJones works in 90-day sprints and what it allows them to achieve
- What Dean believes good agents need to be doing right now to manage the rise in listings and the settling of the market ahead
- Why agents need to hone their craft now and how DiJones does that by getting back to basics
- How DiJones intends to mark its 30th anniversary with more innovation, more inspiration and by unlocking their team’s potential
And much, much more.
Submissions are currently open for the 2021 Annual REA Excellence Awards, and you can nominate here.
Links and resources mentioned
- The 2021 Annual REA Excellence Awards
- Tanja Lee Coaching
- RiTA by AiRE
- Leadership with intent: Josh Morrissey
Dean Mackie on Elite Agent
Connect with Dean