This episode of the Elevate podcast is brought to you by Connectnow
Whether you’re an agent starting out or a leader looking to go to the next level, this recent chat with HIVE Property principal Josh Morrissey has a whole lot of wisdom for everyone.
In a podcast that’s packed full of actionable insights, Josh shares a host of great tips on the skills agents really need, how they can demonstrate true value to vendors, and the top habits every agent should embrace to thrive in both good times and bad.
Josh started HIVE in 2018 and already it’s an agency making a mark in Canberra. They consistently set suburb records, while in the past year Josh has sold 205 properties personally.
But it’s not all work and no balance. Josh says success for him isn’t just about business, and shares a big tip on how to have it all while enjoying the journey along the way.
He also notes there’s one critical question every leader, agent or individual should ask themselves regularly, and if they don’t know the answer, they should.
Josh goes on to share the most important leadership lessons he’s learned, the unique strategy he used to become a multi-area expert, along with the resources he turns to time and again.
Josh also happens to be our cover for the Spring edition of the Elite Agent Magazine, where he offers further insight into his real estate journey so far, the ethos behind HIVE and what drives him to succeed.
“If you’re going to get into real estate or into business or a leadership role, know your ‘why’. Be really, really clear. If you’re going to take on a leadership role within your team or within your business, do it with intent and do it with a plan.
“Your actions affect the people working for you. So if you’re going to go, go all in, don’t do it half-hearted and just enjoy the ride.” Josh Morrissey
Samantha and Josh also discuss:
- How to negotiate your way to happy sellers and buyers
- What clients really want from an agent right now
- How to avoid the cost conversation by demonstrating value
- What skills agents need to survive in both good markets and bad
- The structure, standards and habits of success
- Ways to avoid being a ‘cookie-cutter stereotype’
- How Josh wins the morning to win the day, the week, the month and the year
- His top advice for those starting out
Links and resources mentioned
- Marty Fox
- Ryan Holiday
- Ryan Holiday at AREC
- Josh Phegan
- Tom Panos
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Think big and grow rich by Napoleon Hill
- The Mindset Mentor podcast
- Canberra agent with a passion for boxing and knockout property sales
Connect with Josh