This episode of the Elevate podcast is brought to you by Connectnow
Believe it or not, the great, great-grandson of Ray White wasn’t 100 per cent sure he would go into real estate.
Dan White actually started his professional career in accounting after receiving a Commerce/Law degree from the University of Queensland.
But the pull of the industry and destiny had more to say in the matter and he’s now been the Managing Director of the group for over 20 years.
These days, Dan is working to develop modern strategies for the Ray White Group while balancing the legacy of his predecessors.
In this edition of the Elevate podcast, Dan reveals what it was like taking the reins of the business, why there was some hesitation in the beginning, and the role his father and brothers have played in developing him to be the leader he is today and what the plans are for the future.
Samantha and Dan also discuss:
- The challenges (and opportunities) of managing one of Australia’s biggest groups amid continual lockdowns
- What he has learned from his father and brothers over the years and how each have developed
- How the family stay connected when it comes to making the important business decisions
- Recent strategic moves and hires and what that means for the group in terms of addings skills and specialisation
- The importance of being able to analyse data to help both franchisees and the consumers they serve
- How Brian’s leadership has inspired him to lead others in the team
- The importance of continuing education and keeping abreast of technology in the industry
- What he wishes he knew starting his career in real estate
- His advice for young people entering the industry
- Who was really on the phone in the Luxe Listings Sydney finale
- And more…
Dan’s Recommended links and resources
- Everybody Matters: The Extraordinary Power of Caring for Your People Like Family by Bob Chapman (Amazon)
- Measure What Matters by John Doerr (Amazon or Google Play)
- Harvard After Hours podcast
Dan White on Elite Agent
- Brian White’s family home in Brisbane sells for $10 million
- Start-up portal Zango welcomes White family to the register
- Ray White reports record month of transactions in March
- Nerida Consibee to join Ray White as the group’s first Chief Economist
- What we can learn from real estate businesses overseas: Dan White
- Rising star appointed to lead Ray White Commercial
Connect with Dan