1. Online video now accounts for 74% of all online traffic (KPCB)
Social media and Google are all favouring video content in their algorithms ensuring video posts last longer and get seen by more people. Google – which owns YouTube – even has a video tab for searching video. If you want to be seen but spend less money, go video.
2. Video converts 40% better than any other content
The combination of pictures and audio makes it just easier to grasp and when people understand things, they feel more confident about taking the next step. 59% of executives state that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video (MWP).
3. 90% of Millennials are online daily and prefer video as their way of communicating.
Don’t dismiss Millennials as smashed avocado eaters who can’t afford property. By 2030, they’ll have all the jobs and the wealth so start working with them now. If you’re not doing video, you’re not talking to your customers the way they want to hear.
4. Using the word ‘video’ in an email subject line boosts the open rates by 19%
Video is a major engager. It not only improves how many of your emails will be opened, but it’s more engaging with Wistia claiming people spend on average 2.6x more time on webpages that have video and EyeView stating it increases conversion by 80%.
5. 4x as many customer would rather watch a video about a product than read about it
Make a client read about a property, and you’re asking them to use their imagination as to what it looks like and they’ll rationalise the purchase. Show them a video and they place themselves at the centre of their new lifestyle and become emotional.
6. Video audiences are growing – and we watching more video every year
According to Syndacast, 55% of people watch videos online every day and 65% of video viewers watch more than three-quarters of a video, while Digiday states that 85% of Facebook video is watched without sound making it worthwhile to add captions.