This episode of the Elevate podcast is brought to you by Connectnow
As the leader of RE/MAX Results and RE/MAX Bayside Properties Hayley Van de Ven is the epitome of a leader with a vision.
She’s driven, energised and committed, and acutely aware of the value proposition her business offers its agents and property managers.
Leadership is not something Hayley takes lightly either. She values her staff, backs them to the hilt and believes her role is to support them by providing the tools, resources and direction they need to achieve results they dream of.
Her track record is testament to this approach, with multiple high-performing agents on her team, some of whom write $3 million GCI per annum.
But has it all been smooth sailing? Absolutely not. Hayley is frank about the challenge of juggling multiple offices with a young family and the day-to-day realities of life, noting that January 2020 saw her at her lowest ebb and needing “to get her groove back”.
And she did, leading her team through the unchartered waters of Covid-19, then embracing the opportunity to take on an additional business in 2021.
As the cover of our recent Elite Agent Magazine summer edition, Hayley also has major plans ahead. They are “big, hairy, audacious goals” underpinned by a crystal-clear vision for her business.
In a podcast packed full of takeaways that are energising, inspiring and enlightening (and just the tonic we all need right now) Hayley shares this vision for the future, along with her approach to leadership, and the lessons she’s learned along the way.
She also offers an insight into why she believes the ultimate question isn’t why, but rather why not, and how success is all about the energy you bring to the choices that you make.
“You get to choose your attitude or your energy as you walk into every situation. Every day that you wake up, it’s a new day. You can start again. You really are limitless in what you can do in that day and you just never know what’s around the corner.” Hayley Van de Ven
Samantha and Hayley also discuss:
- How Hayley picked herself up and dusted herself off to become the leader her team needed during Covid-19.
- Why she decided to take on a new business and expand her operation, despite initial doubts
- The vision Hayley and her team have for RE/MAX Results and RE/MAX Bayside Properties and how they walk the talk
- How Hayley educates new staff about the culture of the business by sharing that vision and her leadership principles
- Why she sees every member of the team as a leader, regardless of their role
- How Hayley handles change within the business, and why it’s all about ensuring agents and PMs get what they need
- Hayley’s winning strategy for supporting high-performing agents, particularly when times are tough
- What Hayley would have done differently if she had her time again, and how her approach has changed due to experience
- Where she plans to take RE/MAX Results and REMAX Bayside Properties in the future, and why the goal posts might continue to shift
- Why she believes her team’s future is limitless, but it’s about questioning your thinking, then embracing opportunity and choice
And much, much more…
Links and resources mentioned
- Sherrie Storor
- Tanya Titman – BDO Australia
- Chris Helder
- RE/MAX Results Morningside
- RE/MAX Results Mackay
- REMAX Bayside Properties
Hayley on Elite Agent
Connect with Hayley