Across Adelaide, Tom Hector is well-known for his ability to always do the right thing for his clients, with a reputation built on integrity, commitment and trust.
Since starting his career in 2009, Tom has consistently sold over 100 homes per year and is one of Adelaide’s highest performing agents and most awarded auctioneers.
In this Trusted Agent podcast with Sean Scoffield, Tom discusses how he has been able to develop his career to the point it is today and why he’s always valued personal brand above all else.
He shares why agents are wordsmiths whose key skill is great communication, and offers an insight into how you can build this skill over time.
Tom also talks about how he is able to use systems and processes to effectively leverage his time and get the best results for both himself and his clients.
If you’re a new agent trying to get established in the industry or someone wanting to become a top performer this podcast is for you.
“Real estate is very similar to professional sport, the more you put in the more you get out. No one’s going to tell you what to do, but you have to want to do it.” – Tom Hector
Sean and Tom also discuss:
- The importance of building a personal brand in your early career to help drive business later on.
- Why you need to be constantly in contact with new prospects and your database to help build trust so when the time comes for them to list they already know you.
- How door knocking, cold calling and being the most knowledgeable area expert early on in his career helped set Tom up for success
- The importance of communicating in a clear and concise manner and how to do that in real estate sales.
- Why real estate agents are wordsmiths, who need to be able to communicate effectively and how to develop those skills over time.
- Why you need to work on building relationships so you’re not just competing with other agents based on the level of commission.
- The importance of having a great database that you can use to manage your time and daily schedule in a bid to build more trust and credibility.
- Why you need to be able to make rejection your best friend because there are very few people in life who can handle it and agents must be able to so they can succeed.
And much, much more…
Links and resources mentioned
Tom Hector on Elite Agent
- How to sell a property every 1.7 days: Tom Hector
- Top 10 Takeaways from AREC 2019 – Day 1
- Maintaining peak performance
Connect with Tom Hector
Connect with Sean Scoffield