Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:16:58 — 105.7MB) | Embed Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:16:58 — 105.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | More
When Luxe Listings Season 1 finished, there were plenty of questions left unanswered. Would loyalties shift? Would Sydney landmarks sell? And why would Gavin Rubinstein be summoned by the big boss?
On April 1, Season 2 of the hit series dropped and the savvy producers at Amazon Prime swiftly get down to business.
There’s a smorgasbord of Sydney glam, a bevy of stunning harbour vistas, some seriously valuable property and some cutting-edge real estate skills all at play.
That’s not to say it’s all smooth sailing, however…
The latest season of Luxe Listings is set in a very different property market against the backdrop of a pandemic where changed agent insight is required.
With thanks from Sponsor Issuu, as a special offer, readers/listeners of Elite Agent Elevate can get started with Issuu today for FREE or if you sign up for an annual premium account to get 50% off when you go to by visiting issuu.com and using the promo code ELITE.
In this edition of the D’Luxe Nuts, Samantha McLean and Dave Skow pick up where season 1 left off, looking at the shift in the market, the new selling skills required and we also meet some new stars including Monika Tu of Black Diamondz.
That’s right…There’s a new addition to the Luxe Listings cast and things are set to ramp up a notch.
In this first recap of the series, we break down eps 1, 2 and 3 of Luxe Listings Sydney, Season 2, looking at all that’s unfolded along with the real estate lessons learned.
There’s takeaways on leadership, insights into handling the challenge of staffing, hot tips on how to market unique property and inadvertent masterclasses on the art of closing the deal.
Like a box of chocolates you can’t step away from, this season already offers a lot to unwrap and enjoy.
“Sometimes these things just don’t work out and it wouldn’t be in the best interest of my client to try and force them out. Ultimately they don’t want to move. I’m not going to try and make them move.” D’Leanne Lewis.
Samantha and Dave also discuss:
- How Gavin navigates some staffing news many leaders readily relate to, and how each of the Luxe Listings agents approaches building a team.
- Why real estate all about putting the needs of the client first, even if it comes at the cost of a professional relationship.
- An insight into the major workings of real estate franchises, including the agent buyout of Laing+Simmons.
- How the role of selling agents and buying agents shifts in a hot property market, and the skills required by each to achieve the best outcomes.
- Why working with buyers and sellers can sometimes be like a house of cards, and what to do when the deals start to fall over.
- The importance of hyper-local market knowledge and how it shapes the skill set of top-performing agents.
- Why resilience is critical and how each agent navigates inevitable setbacks along the way.
And much, much more
Links and resources mentioned
- Luxe Listings Amazon Prime
- The D’Luxe Nuts: Nuts for all things Luxe – our real life real estate recap of Luxe Listings Sydney Season 1
- Luxe Listings Season 1 recaps
About the agents
- Gavin Rubinstein, Ray White TRG
- D’Leanne Lewis, Laing+Simmons Double Bay
- Simon Cohen, Cohen Handler
- Monika Tu, Black Diamondz (new to season 2)
Connect with Dave Skow