Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 36:07 — 49.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | Subscribe to Elite Agent
Marty Fox does things differently.
When he launched WHITEFOX in 2017, he embraced black and white photography, a clear tone of voice, social media marketing, ditched the suit and tie and turned down listings under $3 million.
But he was also prepared to work hard – harder than the opposition, and it’s that drive that has forged his success.
But it’s not success that has come quickly.
In this episode of the Elevate podcast with Elite Agent Managing Editor, Samantha McLean, Marty reveals how he grew his career from modest beginnings, leveraging his work ethic and the power of social media to slowly build a name for himself and stand out from the crowd.
He talks about how he was able to go from selling “cheap studio apartments,” to being a leader in the highly competitive luxury market across Melbourne and how his unique marketing approach helped him build his reputation.
“I was an unknown name in real estate still after 10 years of working seven days a week. So in terms of building a brand, just do the frigging work. List, sell, call, follow-up, drop, network and do what you need to do as an agent to understand the craft.” – Marty Fox
Samantha and Marty also discuss:
- 4:50 – How Marty was able to break into the highly competitive Melbourne market and the advice he has for new agents.
- 6:13 – The innovative real estate app Marty built and launched as a 24-year-old.
- 8:20 – How to be bold and stand out on social media when you’re trying to establish yourself and your brand.
- 13:00 – Why you might want to turn down listings if your goal is to build a brand in a particular section of the market.
- 14:26 – How to use niche branding to build your business and grow different parts of your operations.
- 18:00 – How to build a brand on social media so you can stand out from the crowd.
- 21:08 – The most important thing you can do when you’re trying to get established in real estate.
- 23:01 – Why Marty left social media when he was at the top of his game.
- 24:51 – Expanding to New Zealand and how Marty wants to grow the agency there.
- 34:03 – How to achieve success and happiness in real estate.