Josh Tesolin has taken out every real estate award in the country and is known as the highest-volume agent in the country.
However, the Ray White Quakers Hill principal believes much of his success comes down to his energy, work ethic and knowing when to stay in his own “swim lane” and focus on his strengths.
In this episode of the Elevate podcast with Elite Agent Managing Editor, Samantha McLean, Josh talks about what he did to become number one in the country and why he believes sacrifice equals success.
He also reveals why he now uses an auction-only approach, the importance of spending money on marketing yourself and why consistency is key in anything you do.
Josh also discusses the value of building your team’s culture, how to recruit great agents and how to close anyone.
“I have a relentless work ethic. A lot of agents like to take holidays, and that’s great for them. If I want to sell 300 properties individually and I want to make over $7 million in a 12-month period, I know that I can’t take days off.” – Josh Tesolin
Sam and Josh also discuss:
- 3:40 – Why Josh moved to Ray White, and the factors involved in his decision-making process.
- 4:44 – Moving from private treaty to auction-only sales.
- 6:22 – How Josh and his team are dealing with the slower market.
- 8:07 – Why auctions are an effective way of selling.
- 10:21 – How Josh manages so much volume at once.
- 13:30 – Managing a team which has now grown to 34.
- 15:00 – Getting employees to understand the culture of his business, and why he hires people that will fit with the culture.
- 18:05 – Working with family in the office, including his wife, and his Mum.
- 18:57 – Why energy and being prepared to work hard are key in real estate.
- 22:05 – The Tesolin Conference backstory, and will he do it again?
- 25:33 – Exactly how much Josh spends on marketing and why he considers it an investment, not a cost.
- 29:30 – How Josh divides his day to focus on the things he is good at and maximise listing conversions.
- 35:05 – What drives Josh Tesolin – once you’ve won every award, what’s left to do?
- 39:00 – With a baby on the way in a few months, will having kids slow Josh down?
- 40:44 – Why you can’t see real estate as a short-term career.