The author of best-selling book Investing in the US: The Ultimate Guide to US Real Estate, Reed Goossens quit his safe engineering job in Australia to move halfway across the globe to change his life and chase a dream in the US in 2012.
With limited funds, no investing experience, and no established network, Reed went from purchasing a small duplex for $38,000 to start his own investing real estate firm, Wildhorn Capital.
Reed now syndicates large multi-million dollar commercial real estate deals across the US. He has also achieved financial freedom and has taken control of his life.
Download the action guide for this episode with more links and resources at https://eliteagentelevate.com
“I didn’t know if I was going to get a job and I might have to move back to Australia, but I was OK with that risk. I was throwing caution in the wind and giving this a go, because the biggest thing that I would fear is regret that when I wake up, when I’m 70 years of age, I’d be like, geez, I wish I’d given that a go.”
Some of the topics I discussed with Reed include:
- How Reed went from an Aussie engineer to his dream real estate dream job in the US
- Reed explains syndicated real estate – sometimes known as REITs – and how he grew his business
- Building a brand or business with the six Ps – professionalism, pitch, practice, profile, platform and patience and advice for how your personal marketing plan can tick each of them off
- How to network in a new country, city or place (Reed explains what he did and how it worked)
- Reed’s top tips for achieving and retaining success.
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad, by Robert Kiyosaki
- Investing in the US: The Ultimate Guide to US Real Estate, by Reed Goossens
- 10,000 Miles to the American Dream: Our Story of Financial Freedom by Bryce Robertson, John Carney, Kevin Dhillon, Reed Goossens, Ben Gray, Geremy Heath, Mark Huang and Tim Manson
- Key Person of Influence by Daniel Priestley
- Ego is the Enemy: The Fight to Master Our Greatest Opponent by Ryan Holiday
- Google Drive
- Understanding Real Estate Syndication: The Basics by Greg Barrett
- The ultimate guide to real estate syndication by Sylvia Shalhout
Connect with Reed Goossens:
Connect with The Elite Agent Team:
- Twitter: @eliteagentmag
- Facebook: Elite Agent
- Website: EliteAgent.com
- Show: The Elevate Podcast
- YouTube: Elite Agent Magazine
- LinkedIn: Elite Agent Magazine
- Instagram: @eliteagentmag
- Pinterest: Elite Agent Magazine