This episode of the Elevate podcast is brought to you by Connect Now
REA Group’s Chief Consumer Product Officer Val Brown is responsible for the group’s rent strategy. She discusses the finer points of their plans to support Australia’s growing rental marketplace.
In this episode of the Elevate podcast, Val talks about how the market changed virtually overnight with COVID, and how certain plans in the pipeline, including digital elements, had to be accelerated to support REA’s consumers and customers.
Val also talks about REA’s new product, which will bring private landlords onto the platform, and how this will ultimately help her customers build their rent rolls.
Want more from this episode?
Get access to the full episode guide, quick video tips, tools and more by joining our community or becoming a subscriber
In this episode of Samantha and Val also discuss:
- How REA responded very quickly to COVID-19 by launching digital inspections and 3D tours
- The interesting trends she is seeing when tracking online inquiries
- How many landlords moved their investment properties from short term rentals to traditional lease.
- REA’s outstanding growth in web traffic, and what this indicates
- How the rental market will shape up in the next six to 12 months
- Private landlords, and how they make up 33% of the market
- The difference between REA’s new offering, and traditional property management services
- Why processing applications is the bane of PM’s lives – and the solution
Connect with Val