Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 31:12 — 43.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | Subscribe to Elite Agent
Finding and retaining great staff has never been tougher and it’s becoming a huge challenge in the property management industry.
Executive Manager at Kolmeo, Brock Fisher, believes the onboarding process is critical to retaining staff and growing your rent roll, but this vital strategy is often overlooked.
In this episode of the Elevate podcast with Elite Agent Managing Editor, Samantha McLean, Brock reveals what agencies can do to onboard, train, help manage and retain their property managers to get the best for their team and their clients.
He talks about why value is not well defined in the property management business, what the industry can do to help attract talent and the best way to meet the needs of the customer.
Brock also reveals why you should celebrate new hires, how to provide the best support to your team, and how to manage top performers and those that aren’t meeting expectations.
“Create the time upfront for people to be successful when they come into your business. It’s a lot easier to solve that issue initially than to deal with the fallout of continuing churn later.” – Brock Fisher
Samantha and Brock also discuss:
- 2:51 – Why a property manager’s value is hard to quantify.
- 7:31 – How to better recruit property managers that will go the distance.
- 11:06 – How to meet the needs of the customer better and grow your business.
- 18:57 – The most effective way to train staff within your team structure.
- 15:48 – What day one should like for a newly hired property manager.
- 20.18 – How often you need to check in with new and existing team members to ensure they’re on track for success.
- 24:36 – Dealing with ongoing staff issues.
- 26:21 – The best way to manage the superstars in your team.