This episode of the Elevate podcast is brought to you by Connectnow
When Steve Carroll talks, you know you’re in for some great insight into digital trends and technology along with actionable tips to help you navigate a fast-changing social media landscape. This podcast is no exception.
Steve is of course a fan favourite in the real estate industry for all the right reasons.
He’s passionate about educating and empowering agents with digital skills and he’s worked for some of the biggest names in real estate and media, such as REA and News Corp. Along the way he’s also liaised with the top tech giants across the world, including Google, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Steve notes agents are currently faced with the challenge of keeping up with fast-paced changes to both social media and digital technology. At the same time, they’re grappling with increased consumer expectation.
So how do you stay up to speed and ensure you are adapting with the times? Steve says it’s all about examining what you’re doing and asking whether it’s up to par. But first and foremost it’s about considering things from your customer’s perspective at a time when the world needs heroes.
Steve also gets real about how tough the past year has been for many before addressing what he believes will be the biggest challenge for real estate leaders, agents and property managers in the period ahead (and it’s not technology, it goes far deeper).
“The world is crying out for heroes to stand up. So, if you’re a real estate agent, maybe just set the bar a little bit higher and set the bar to be the hero in the area you operate in. Social media gives you a great opportunity to do that.” Steve Carroll
Samantha and Steve also discuss:
- Why consumer expectations are higher than ever
- How social media is driving increased expectations across all industries
- How to get confident with video, and why authenticity is the key
- Steve’s new role as an ambassador for HomeLoop and how the technology is bringing communication between agents and buyers into the 21st century.
- Why it’s OK to acknowledge it’s hard to stay focused and energized at the moment due to lockdowns and uncertainty, and what to do when your energy lags
- Who is among the lineup for Digital Live 2022
- How the Ride to Provide changes the mindset of everyone taking part
- Why the event has changed Steve’s approach to leadership and how celebrating the team matters more than individual achievement for real estate culture.
Links and resources mentioned
Steve on Elite Agent
- Technology doesn’t disrupt industries, it disrupts efficiencies
- Leadership in the digital age
- Reinventing and reimagining your capabilities
- 10 essential takeaways from Digital Live 2018
Connect with Steve