Entrepreneur and tech advisor Jeff Turner discusses how AI is going to shake up the world of real estate, the risks that come with it and what you can do so you’re not left behind.
The last time Jeff Turner felt this excited about a new piece of technology was when he first laid eyes on a Mac computer in 1984.
The entrepreneur and tech advisor says AI and tools such as ChatGPT will have an equally large effect on the world, and businesses that don’t use it will be left behind.
In this episode of the Elevate podcast with Elite Agent Managing Editor, Samantha McLean, Jeff discusses what real estate professionals need to do now to capitalise on this new generation of technology.
He talks about which, if any, segments of the real estate sector will be safe from AI, the impact on property listings and how writing them has already change, and how you can implement AI in your business.
Jeff also reveals why now more than ever agents need to be able to demonstrate, what their true value is and why nothing will ever change the need for human interaction.
“I think the agents who are creative in their understanding of how to utilise the technology are going to be given superpowers. They’re going to be more efficient, they’re going to get more done, and those who don’t embrace it will be beaten by those who do.” – Jeff Turner
Jeff Turner will be one of the headline presenters at Elite Retreat in Bali in July, where he will reveal what real estate business owners need to do to not just make sense of AI, but harness its power to compete in a changed world
Samantha and Jeff also discuss:
- 3:06 – Why the need for human touch hasn’t changed, even in the era of technology.
- 5:24 – The clever innovations in the world of PropTech in the past few years.
- 9:46 – What impact AI is likely to have on real estate in the near term
- 11:12 – Will AI start replacing humans in the real estate industry?
- 12:28 – The downside risk to using ChatGPT and how to have conversations with your documents.
- 18:32 – What parts of an agent’s job are at threat from ChatGPT and how listings could change in the future.
- 21:41 – How to use ChatGPT as a creative assistant and how to use these tools effectively.
- 22:57 – Is privacy an issue with new technology?
- 27:08 – How to stop cybersecurity threats and how secure data in the world of AI and supercomputers.
- 28:59 – What AI tools Jeff is using at the moment
- 33:35 – Why business leaders can’t afford to bury their heads in the sand when it comes to technology.
- 35:45 – Three things real estate professionals should be thinking about to prepare for what’s coming next.
- 37:04 – Why you need to adopt a child-like mindset and learn how to play with these new tools.