Brock Fisher has been in real estate for 20 years and has seen plenty of cycles, but says he has never seen a rental crisis like this one, and because it’s taken more than seven years to get here, it probably won’t be solved overnight.
But times of great challenge also bring the opportunity to innovate and lead the competition when it comes to moments that matter in your customer’s world. In this podcast, we unpack some of what’s going on in PM departments around the country, what leaders can do to better support PMs, where to find new talent for growth and much more.
Brock Fisher is the Executive Manager, Industry and Partnerships at Kolmeo, a leading supplier of technology and services to the real estate industry.
Some key highlights of this episode hosted by Elite Agent’s Samantha McLean
- 1.34 – Brock’s thoughts on the current market
- 5.43 – How rental markets are driven by supply and demand, and what’s different about this one
- 9.19 – The impact of government and changing legislation
- 13.26 – The pressure PMs are feeling and how to support them in your business
- 18.28 – Making property management attractive to potential new starters
- 20.39 – The question of offshoring, automating or outsourcing in a low unemployment economy
- 23.04 – What Brock feels is the best-case scenario for the next 12 months
- 31.54 – The legislative lag between past PM processes and today’s digitised businesses.
To get detailed notes and additional resources for this podcast, and more resources from Elite Agent, visit eliteagent.com/subscribe
Brock’s recent articles on eliteagent.com
- Collection, control and consent – which is more important?
- The rental crisis – what are governments doing about supply?
- The importance of offering digital accessibility options
- Onshore, automate or offshore?
- Everything in the Federal Budget for real estate
To get a copy of the upcoming magazine featuring our special feature on the current rental crisis visit eliteagent.com/subscribe.