‘Value’ is not just a buzzword to Jo Mooney; it is the cornerstone of sustainable relationships in real estate.
Many agents know the importance of using their database and maintaining regular contact with prospects, yet few truly understand the transformative power this strategy holds.
As the Director of Mooney & Co Estate Agents, Jo has not only harnessed the benefits of a streamlined CRM from the outset but has also crafted an email nurturing strategy so effective she describes it as “marketing on steroids”.
In this episode of the Elevate podcast, Elite Agent Managing Editor Samantha McLean sits down with Jo to discuss the secrets behind her killer newsletters — the ones buyers and sellers can’t wait to open every week, and that continually drive business her way.
Jo shares insights into her creative process, including how ChatGPT helps fuel her creativity, the reasoning behind her weekly emails, and the kind of content that keeps subscribers coming back for more.
She also emphasizes the critical role of understanding your business metrics, why a smaller database can be more profitable, and how to maintain a subscriber list that no one wants to leave.
“I didn’t value creating content as a good use of time back in the day. But once you wrap your head around the fact that creating content is prospecting on steroids you will become quite addicted to it.” – Jo Mooney.
Sam and Jo also discuss:
- 3:45 – Embrace this crucial element on day one to create exponential growth.
- 7:35 – Don’t just learn, act: The key to developing new skills and putting them into practice.
- 8:37 – Leveraging ChatGPT for creativity and focus when you need it most.
- 12:56 – How sending a weekly newsletter can massively boost your results.
- 14:30 – The used newsletter ingredient that adds real value for buyers.
- 19:05 – A simple hack to drastically reduce your newsletter unsubscribes.
- 20:34 – Evaluating your newsletter’s ROI: How and why you need to trace its origins.
- 22:34 – Why video is non-negotiable for success, even if you’re not a fan
- 27:21 – Lead generation vs. lead nurturing: What you should really focus on.
- 29:47 – The critical database management technique that will separate you from your competition.
- 31:40 – How to decipher your buyers’ desires and target them with more effective marketing.
- 33:29 – The myth of more: Why a smaller database can yield greater profit.
- 35:05 – How generosity fuels success.
- 36:05 – The must-do CRM activity to stay ahead in the market.
- 39:21 – A time management tip from Jo
- 43:25 – Secure uncontested listings through strategic positioning.