The tougher the market gets, the harder it can be to sustain motivation. The busier you get, the harder it can be to innovate so that your business evolves with customer needs.
Dr Jason Fox argues that there is never a right time, and we are never ‘not busy’. But an unimportant task done well doesn’t make it important – and to crack the balance between the necessity of systems and innovating for the future, we will need to make time to collaborate, get creative and design work to ensure there is not just an illusion of progress, but meaningful progress.
Dr Jason Fox is a university lecturer, best-selling author, and in-demand keynote speaker. He specialises in topics such as motivation strategy and design and facilitated some important sessions at Elite Retreat 2022.
Some key highlights of this episode hosted by Elite Agent’s Samantha McLean
- 1.34 – A snapshot of some of the messages that Jason delivered to attendees of Elite Retreat 2022
- 4.05 – The concept of ‘defaults’ and why you sometimes need to step back and have a good hard look at your own systems and processes
- 10.25 – Navigating the fear of change and the unknown in business and in life
- 13.28 About the groundbreaking book The Gamechanger – and what are some of the lessons about using games using goal-driven challenges to incentivise teams
- 15.00 – The unintended consequences of some ‘games’ that are implemented as incentive programs – and how to avoid them
- 21.27 – The distinction between the ‘illusion of progress’ and what is truly ‘meaningful progress’
- 22.51 – Lessons from The Gamechanger and the reasons for its evolution into Jason’s second book, How to Lead a Quest
- 25.00 – On the future of leadership, which Jason believes will be more decentralised than it is today
- 29.31 – Jason gives some real-life examples of how web 3.0 might impact the real estate industry, including what to pay attention to in the coming years (and what you can ignore)
- 32.15 – How leaders can hack their own motivation after a rollercoaster couple of years by cultivating rituals which ultimately result in greater performance.
To get detailed notes and additional resources for this podcast, and more resources from Elite Agent, visit joineliteagent.com