Navigating the dynamic landscape of the Queensland market, McGrath sales agent, Alex Jordan has dedicated nearly two decades to mastering his craft in the industry.
Like many top performers, he’s faced his share of challenging times, but each time choosing resilience over retreat.
That unwavering commitment paid off, as he has now celebrated his second consecutive year as the realestate.com.au’s AREAs Top Agent in Queensland.
In this episode of the Elevate podcast with Elite Agent Managing Editor, Samantha McLean, Alex talks about his tough background and how that moulded his worth ethic and emotional resilience, which allowed him to overcome the hard times and rise to the top.
Alex also explains what it takes to build a brand and succeed in a highly competitive market, why agents need to invite rejection to be better prepared emotionally, and why you need to talk with your vendors daily.
He also discusses the state of the property market, why there might be more listings coming soon, and why focusing on relationships will continue to separate the leading agents from the rest.
“You’re going to have challenges in your life. There are going to be times that you’ll question yourself, you’ll question your career, but persistence pays off. As long as you’re willing to ride those waves and remain positive, have a positive attitude, there will be light at the end.” – Alex Jordan.
Sam and Alex also discuss:
- 1:52 – Persistence pays off: Discover why Alex’s eight calls to break into real estate were worth it.
- 6:03 – Essential traits for success: The indispensable skill you need to navigate the highs and lows of the real estate industry.
- 7:32 – Seizing market opportunities: Is the supply shortage over? And how you can leverage current market trends.
- 9:24 – The value of honesty: Why honesty is the best policy and how to navigate differences of opinion when it comes to property.
- 12:27 – Fast-tracking success: Tips on how new agents can quickly make their mark in real estate.
- 16:43 – Experience through mistakes: Find out why errors are essential stepping stones to success in real estate.
- 21:21 – Building your unique edge: Learn the secret to building a standout brand in a competitive market.
- 26:51 – Embracing technology: Strategies for agents to differentiate themselves in the tech-savvy world of AI.
- 29:15 – The importance of relationships: Why equal treatment of buyers, sellers, and tenants is key to business growth.
- 32:33 – Relationship maintenance: The simple trick that helps you follow up with clients.
- 36:24 – Turning challenges into triumphs: Hear Alex’s story of near-defeat and how he revitalised his career.
- 39:32 – Business growth insights: The single most important metric that drives Alex’s business forward.
- 41:40 – Achieving work-life balance: How to set goals beyond revenue and enhance your personal life, straight from Alex’s playbook.