After miraculously waking up from a two-week coma and surviving multiple organ failures following a mystery illness, Nick Borelli knew he needed to pursue his passion in life.
Nearly a decade on and his health ordeal ultimately became the catalyst for a successful move into real estate that has seen him become Principal at Ray White Paradise, reach Chariman’s Elite status and make more than 130 deals per year.
In this interview with Ray White Head of Performance and Recognition, Bianca Denham, Nick talks about how he was able to build his career from scratch and overcome challenges like learning to walk again.
They also talk about how to effectively run a high-volume business, the importance of building trust and rapport with multiple touchpoints and why you need to build a team to achieve great results.
“I think real estate is just a numbers game. If you’re going to speak to 30 people a day versus 90 people a day, you’re going to have three times more opportunities pop up.” – Nick Borelli
Bianca and Nick also discuss:
- How to run a high-volume model in real estate.
- The importance of more touch points when you’re building you’re business.
- How to put effort into relationships over long periods of time.
- Why Nick stayed a part of his early team for nearly four years before going out on his own.
- The importance of your team if you want to achieve big results.
- Why working in a first-home buyers market helped him grow his business.
- Why you want to set your team up before you step out on your own.
- Transitioning from sales associate to leader.
- How to run a large database.
- How to mould sales associates and develop them within the team.
- Why you need to have tough conversations sooner.
- The importance of playing the long game in real estate.