Regarded as one of Australia’s leading agents, Mat has a journey that has been anything but easy.
Starting from rock bottom and working for the first year with no car, Mat door knocked all day, every day for years to start building his career. Known for his relentless prospecting, even today, 25 years later, he has now become the number one agent for McGrath three years in a row and is the co-owner of seven offices on Australia’s Central Coast.
Writing an average of $4 million per year. Mat is continually focused on growth, self-improvement and amazing customer service.
In this refreshingly honest episode of Elevate, Mat (and Brocccolee!) share with Samantha the secrets to his success and how one critical attribute, commitment, was the key to it all.
Download the action guide for this episode with more links and resources at https://eliteagentelevate.com
“If you write $800,000 a year and you run a really lean business and you’re making $400,000 profit because your expenses are low, you’ve just got you and one other person, you’ve got a bit of time leverage and you’re living a great life, then that’s success.”
Some of the topics I discussed with Mat include:
- Mat’s unorthodox journey into real estate, including overcoming homelessness and warrants for his arrest
- Mat’s secret to success and how a simple thing like commitment plays a massive role
- Why the popular ‘Monday Starters’ came to an end – and why everyone needs to make choices instead of trying to fit everything in
- The 31-minute movement and how one extra minute makes a big difference
- The image problem in real estate, why so many agents seem unhappy and what can be done about it
- Mat’s wish for a change in language – start talking about profit instead of GCI
- The tools Mat and Brocccolee use in creating their videos and how they approach their content plan on a weekly basis
- Mat’s tips on how to build resilience and why energy and mindset are the key to everything.
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
Connect with Mat:
Connect with The Elite Agent Team:
- Twitter: @eliteagentmag
- Facebook: Elite Agent
- Website: EliteAgent.com
- Show: The Elevate Podcast
- YouTube: Elite Agent Magazine
- LinkedIn: Elite Agent Magazine
- Instagram: @eliteagentmag
- Pinterest: Elite Agent Magazine