This episode of the Elevate podcast is brought to you by Connectnow
Running your own agency might be the dream for many, but what does it really take to have your name on the door?
Self-motivation, self-belief and the drive to achieve something more, according to Clinton Eastell of Eastell and Co on the Sunshine Coast.
At 25, Clinton joined UrbanX and started his own agency in March 2020, just days before COVID became a national crisis. A little thing like an international pandemic wasn’t going to hold him back, however.
He hit the ground running, rallying the support of his community and quickly established a team. Now he’s opened his own shopfront at Coolum and has expanded his staff to 10.
Clinton says right from the outset of his real estate career, he knew one day he would be his own boss.
But that’s not to say it’s all been easy. As Clinton and UrbanX founder Dan Argent explain, it takes a certain type of person to go it alone, and there’s a lot of hard work in the years prior.
In this Elevate podcast they discuss the pros and cons of running your own business, who it suits and why it’s not for everyone in the industry.
“The day that I decided I wanted to try real estate was, the goal wasn’t about money and the goal wasn’t about anything else, but legacy. I felt, with all due respect, you don’t necessarily create a legacy working as an agent under somebody else. You create a legacy by elevating your name.” Clinton Eastell.
Samantha, Clinton and Dan also discuss:
- The top traits of people suited to running their own real estate business
- How success is built in the years prior to having your name on the door
- The psyche of being your own boss
- What level you need to be at before even considering going out on your own
- How Clinton built rapport in his community to have the most incredible launch UrbanX has ever seen
- The tough lessons Dan learnt in his early days in business
- How the right support from the right people at the right time can play a major role in business success
And so much more…
Links and resources mentioned
Connect with Clinton
Connect with Dan