John is the Managing Director at Independent Property Group and someone in the industry that truly understands business transformation.
In times of great uncertainty, John understands adept use of technology is not about ‘which software program?’.
It’s about understanding and using the underlying data to provide a great employee experience that leads the front line into delivering a great consumer experience.
With consumer expectations so rapidly evolving, for John and Independent, all types of automation and technology must deliver collaboration, energy and empowerment of people.
Download the action guide for this episode with more links and resources at https://eliteagentelevate.com
“Never, ever forget the importance of people in the property industry. That is what the industry is about and it’s our capacity, not just with our people but the consumers we deal with, to make sure our total focus is on them. Everything else is just tools.”
In this episode of the Elevate Podcast, Samantha and John discuss:
- What the real estate landscape looks like in the ACT
- Exploring new portal spaces and their pros and cons, including newcomer Zango
- Why businesses (even really large ones!) need to constantly look in the mirror and simplify – and how Independent approaches this
- Why you’ve always got to be looking at your overheads to be able to keep the front line efficient in times of uncertainty
- How Independent are using marketing automation to keep project marketing clients appraised of progress – and how these clients sometimes naturally become leads in property management
- The aim of technology – to make the agent look better than they have before
- ‘Sam the bot’s’ ability to help consumers and agents in surprising ways, including generating leads outside of regular business hours
- Old vs newer conversations in proptech and what you really need to be aware of before committing to the latest shiny object
- How employee experience (and ownership) leads to a better client experience – and why culture is such a big part of that at Independent
- John answers our ‘Leadership Diaries’ questions and top tips on accountability for first-time leaders.
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*** by Mark Manson
- The Chimp Paradox by Steven Peters
- Link to our podcast with Hannah Gill
- Link to our podcast with Jason Gesing
Connect with John Minns:
Connect with The Elite Agent Team:
Facebook: Elite Agent
Show: The Elevate Podcast
YouTube: Elite Agent Magazine
LinkedIn: Elite Agent Magazine
Pinterest: Elite Agent Magazine
For access to John Minns Action Guide click here