With more than 45 years in the real estate industry, there isn’t much Ray White Surfers Paradise Group Chief Executive Officer Andrew Bell hasn’t seen – including a crisis or 10.
He witnessed the ‘70s credit squeeze, survived the 1987 stock market crash, made it through the national pilot strike and weathered the storm that was “the recession we had to have” with 18 per cent interest rates in the early ‘90s.
Then followed the Asian Tech Crisis, the Y2K phenomenon, multiple stock market collapses and the 2008 Global Financial Crisis.
It should come as no surprise then that Andrew doesn’t fear the current COVID-19 crisis, but views it as an opportunity to focus on your clients and hone your skills to navigate through it.
In this enlightening episode of Elevate, Andrew shares what he learnt from the various crises that can help agents get through today’s tough climate, including what the 1987 stock market crash taught him about consumer confidence and how understanding the difficult steps ahead can make you the most powerful person in the market.
Andrew also examines the impact of COVID-19 on the real estate market currently and predicts what the future holds, including must-have sales to repay mortgages and business loans and why buyers may smell “blood in the water.”
Download the action guide for this episode with more links and resources at https://eliteagentelevate.com
In this episode we discuss:
- The impact of September 11, the pilot strike, the early ‘90s recession, interest rates of 18 per cent and the Global Financial Crisis on the real estate market and why such events always last longer than initially predicted.
- Online auctions and other COVID-19 influenced activities and efficiencies that are here to stay.
- Why Andrew doesn’t fear the impact of COVID-19 and his tips for managing your team through the crisis, including what agents can tell clients who are hesitant at the moment.
- Why tough times either make or break agents and how being client focused, improving your skill base and viewing the crisis as an opportunity will stand you in good stead.
- Andrew’s advice for new agents, business owners and long-time leaders, including why the current conditions level the playing field and why if you come from a place of love it’s hard to fail.
Connect with Andrew:
Connect with The Elite Agent Team:
Facebook: Elite Agent
Show: The Elevate Podcast
YouTube: Elite Agent Magazine
LinkedIn: Elite Agent Magazine
Pinterest: Elite Agent Magazine