There’s more to being a great boss than just being bossy.
If you ask Ewan Morton the best leaders are those that put the best interests of others first.
In this episode of Elevate, the Morton Real Estate joint Managing Director shares how he survived a nightmare first five years in the industry, why earning a salary of $40,000 was a big win and how picking the brains of others helped him succeed.
Ewan deep dives into what he believes makes a good leader, how leaders can empower their teams to bigger and better things and why it’s necessary to check your ego at the door.
He also examines the many impacts of COVID-19, including how it has lead to big changes in the processes they use when leasing commercial properties.
Download the action guide for this episode with more links and resources at https://eliteagentelevate.com
In this episode Samantha and Ewan also discuss:
- The impact of COVID-19 on Morton Real Estate, including the key reason they decided not to cut team members salaries.
- How to foster great ideas, culture and empower your team, including why leaders can’t solve every issue alone.
- Managing different personalities, opinions and egos as a leader, including why you may occasionally need to take a good look in the mirror.
- Ewan’s top tips for first-time real estate leaders, plus his favourite job interview questions.
- Why workplace culture is an ever-moving feast, what you can do to encourage a great office culture and how to manage the times when a buoyant culture is lacking.
- Why buying the Mercedes is the worst advice Ewan has heard in the industry.
- Where Ewan sees the future of real estate and why the technological disruption has been a help, not a hindrance.
Connect with Ewan:
Connect with The Elite Agent Team:
Facebook: Elite Agent
Show: The Elevate Podcast
YouTube: Elite Agent Magazine
LinkedIn: Elite Agent Magazine
Pinterest: Elite Agent Magazine