Thanks to COVID-19 we humans are now all trying to work out how to build relationships via tools like Zoom. But the real winners will be those that understand the new nuances of body language that appraisals and other meetings via electronic methods.
Allan Pease is a body language expert with an extensive career spanning over 50 years with a swag of media appearances including Kerri-Anne Kennerley and the Ray Martin Show.
Allan also spent time teaching Vladimir Putin how to understand body language.
He is also the author of 18 best selling books including Why Men Don’t Listen and Women Can’t Read Maps selling over 15 million copies worldwide.
In it, Allan shares his secrets to mastering the cues and techniques to win at the Zoom meeting, no matter who it happens to be with.
Download the action guide for this episode with more links and resources at https://eliteagentelevate.com
“In four minutes. We’ve decided whether we’re going to give that person the nod or the flick regardless of what they say. And we do this with everybody, whether we realise it or not…”
In this episode we discuss:
- Why the right presence (background, dress, sound) in video in Zoom meetings and conferences is crucial
- What facial cues you should be practising to build trust in you and your pitch
- What the ability to stare at someone on video means for lingering impressions
- What to do in the first four minutes of meeting someone on video – and why they are critical
- How to calm yourself down when feeling nerves and make the other person think you have it completely together (even if you don’t!)
- What to do if someone looks distracted – how to bring their attention back to you
- How your own body language can impact your demeanour and how to feel more confident in an uncertain situation.
One last thing about this podcast: As Allan demonstrates much of what he’s saying visually – we’ve created a video edit of the entire show and included it in our Body Language Basics Course. At the moment this course is a ‘Pay What you can’ steal on our courses page, or you can get many of our courses free as part of your Pro Membership. Click here to find out more.
- The Definitive Book of Body Language by Barbara Pease
- The Answer by Barbara Pease and Allan Pease
- Your body language may shape who you are – Amy Cuddy Ted Talk
- VIP Weekend Retreat in Queensland
- Pease International
Connect with Allan:
Connect with The Elite Agent Team:
Facebook: Elite Agent
Show: The Elevate Podcast
YouTube: Elite Agent Magazine
LinkedIn: Elite Agent Magazine
Pinterest: Elite Agent Magazine
For access to Allan Pease’s Action Guide click here