This episode of the Elevate podcast is brought to you by Connectnow
If you’ve ever wondered what it takes to build a successful property management business at speed, Xceed Real Estate in WA offers an ideal case study.
In just five short years their rent roll has grown from 90 properties under management to over 4000.
Along the way, they’ve opted to do things a little differently, with their property managers assigned to tasks rather than handling entire portfolios.
In this Elevate podcast, Xceed licensee Daisy Campbell explains why Xceed takes that approach and how it makes for a better experience for all stakeholders.
She also shares Xceed’s growth strategy, how they manage acquisitions, where they intend to get to in order to enjoy ongoing organic increases, and the lessons she’s learned in five years overseeing a fast-growing agency.
A masterclass in business growth, this podcast offers some great insight and actionable strategies for successfully acquiring additional rent rolls, the things you need to consider when you do and the ways to empower both new and existing staff to take ownership of their role within a property management business.
“I think when you separate it and just let people do what they enjoy and what they’re good at, it’s better for the client, it’s better for the staff member, it’s better for us as an agency and we just get better outcomes all around,” Daisy Campbell
Samantha and Daisy also discuss:
- The future of property management including outsourcing, tech and how the perception of the sector needs to change
- How to manage the expectations of clients, and why it’s OK to say no to a client who’s not right for your business
- The secrets of successful staff retention and how task-based property management allows each member to play to their strengths
- How to create a winning culture where staff are invested in both the business and its growth
- The strategies Xceed uses to create a family feel and connection within their fast-growing team
- How to have client conversations that encourage business and where to look to identify new opportunities
- Why every property manager is a ‘mini-BDM’ and how Xceed encourages their staff to embrace that mindset
Links and resources mentioned
Connect with Daisy