Robert Cialdini’s best-selling book Influence talks about six factors that can help you sell anything to anyone.
In case you need a quick recap – they are reciprocity, consistency, social proof, liking, authority and scarcity.
What works in the offline – or person to person world – also works with your website according to Greg Merrilees Director of Studio1Design.com. And Greg is incredibly passionate about good looking website design that gets results.
Over the past few years, Studio1 has custom-designed more than 1,500 websites for some high-level internet marketers including Kevin Rogers, Perry Marshall, Jordan Harbinger, James Schramko, Chris Ducker and Ezra Firestone. He’s even designed a website for Frank Oz, The voice of Yoda, Miss Piggy, other Muppets and Sesame Street characters.
In this podcast, we unpack with Greg the important things for great website design – and how to start building relationships with people that visit your website – before you even meet them!
Download the action guide for this episode with more links and resources at https://eliteagentelevate.com
“What you want to do is show that you’re an authority without being the hero, right? You want to lead with value: the free guide, the free appraisal, free whatever… You need to solve their problems, but then you want to back it up with social proof as well!
Some of the topics I discussed with Greg include:
- The backstory to Elite Agent’s Peace, Love and Real Estate T-shirt and how Greg went from designing logos and Tshirts to being website designer to some serious online businesses
- The three key things for great website design – clarity, strategy, persuasion and what you can do to improve each of these things
- How Robert Cialdini’s principles of influence (authority, social proof, liking, reciprocity, scarcity, consistency) apply to website design with some actionable strategies for incorporating all six into your website
- Why you need a thank-you page for subscribers and how to start building relationships with them immediately
- How to choose a website designer and what to expect during the redesign process.
- The importance of case studies and good copywriting
- The things you should not have on your home page at all
- The problems with pop-ups, guilt trips and image sliders
- Actions for your business to take to start getting improved results right away.
Connect With Greg Merrilees:
Connect with The Elite Agent Team:
- Twitter: @eliteagentmag
- Facebook: Elite Agent
- Website: EliteAgent.com
- Show: The Elevate Podcast
- YouTube: Elite Agent Magazine
- LinkedIn: Elite Agent Magazine
- Instagram: @eliteagentmag
- Pinterest: Elite Agent Magazine