Jason Pellegrino joined Domain as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer in August 2018. Before then he’s had a pretty interesting career including a long tenure as Google’s Managing Director Australia and New Zealand.
In this episode of the Elevate podcast we go back in time where Jason explains how his early start in business prepared him to get comfortable with change, and forward to the future where he talks Domain’s strategy to help agents connect with more high intent buyers; becoming more than just a traditional ‘classifieds’ business.
He also discusses how disruption can be a positive force in any industry and why he believes bigger and faster isn’t always the answer.
Download action guides for episodes of elevate with more links and resources at https://eliteagentelevate.com
In this episode Samantha and Jason also discuss:
- How Domain responded during the early days of COVID including Project Zipline
- The concept of ‘Googliness’ and why its a strength to be able to be comfortable with ambiguity
- Why aiming to go faster is pointless, unless you’re heading in the right direction
- How your data right now could be an asset or a liability
- The thinking behind the Real-Time Agent acquisition
- The rise of ‘off-market/portal’ and how Domain are working with this trend with Early Access
- Why he feels Facebook and Google are not the biggest threat to the industry, but he gives us some insight as to who he thinks might be
- Why our past successes are sometimes an anchor to our future goals and what to do about it…
… plus much much more.