Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 55:03 — 75.6MB) | Embed Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 55:03 — 75.6MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | More
This episode of the Elevate podcast is brought to you by Connectnow
Anyway you look at it, 2021 has been an incredible year to be part of the real estate industry. House prices rose right across the country, the auction market took on a life of its own, and the rental vacancy rate hit an all-time low.
All this occurred against a backdrop of on-again, off-again lockdowns, with the industry embracing new technology, new systems, and new ways of thinking to navigate the challenge.
In a podcast that looks back at the year that was, Elevate host Samantha McLean is joined by Ray White Chief Strategy Officer, Mark McLeod to unpack the major turning points of 2021, along with the top tips for moving forward into 2022.
It’s an episode that covers some of the key learnings of an incredible year, along with the way the industry changed in response, and the strategies real estate professionals will need to employ moving forward.
As always, Mark offers a wealth of great advice for agents looking to improve their service, increase their business and better look after their customer in 2022 and beyond.
Acknowledging it’s been a year like no other in his career, Mark notes 2021 has been remarkable in the fact almost every market across the country increased at the same time.
While that created remarkable selling conditions, how long that can continue at that pace remains the big question for 2022.
He discusses the trends that are set to stay, what the industry can learn from some of the biggest, most successful organisations in the world, and the fact the real skill of real estate is completing a sequence of tasks while managing the freedom the business offers.
“Businesses aren’t defined by what agents do. Businesses are defined by what agents choose not to do. Each and every one of you knows there are certain paths of that perfect plan which they know that they choose to leave out.” Mark McLeod
Samantha and Mark also discuss:
- Why challenge offers incredible opportunity and how the industry seized on and demonstrated that throughout 2021.
- Why real estate best practice is all about laying the first brick correctly in the knowledge the things that follow will fall into place
- How 90 per cent of the industry knows exactly what they should be doing, but fall down by failing to follow the sequence of tasks
- Why real estate is an amazing industry of opportunity, but for many agents the freedom it offers is ‘kryptonite’
- How the best agents manage this freedom, and see every hour as an opportunity
- Why the industry needs to focus on relationships in order to stave off the threat of disruption
- The major lessons real estate can learn from big business like Amazon and Domino’s about systems and procedures, data, and knowing the value they offer
- Some of the best advice Mark has been given by Ray White leader Brian White and how that helps him when times get tough.
Plus much, much more…
Links and resources mentioned
Mark McLeod on Elite Agent
- Mark McLeod named Ray White Group’s new chief Strategy Officer
- Six essential beliefs for good leadership
- What real estate can learn from McDonald’s
- How to earn $900,000 a year within five years
- Your money lives in your pipeline
- The buck stops with the boss
Connect with Mark McLeod