Zango, the recently launched portal in Canberra has already attracted the ire of local competitor Allhomes, with the former filing an injunction against advertising materials and slogans used by the startup.
The injunction, filed in the Federal Court within one day of the portal’s launch asks the parties to cease using a variety of marketing statements.
On the 4th February Federal Court Justice Alan Robertson placed an injunction on the following phrases:
- Zango is “the only place to find the latest property listings first”
- “We give you the latest property listings first” or “the latest data first”
- “See it first”, “find it first” or “find it first on Zango”
- “Catch the latest property listings first”
- “Catch the hottest property listings first” or
- “See the hottest new property listings first”
Zango chief Ian Keogh told the AFR the company is in the process of removing the statements from the identified marketing material whilst they await advice from Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
The case is due to be heard on March 2.