Four of Queensland’s leading auctioneers will battle for the title of REIQ Auctioneer of the Year next Thursday, August 23 at Victoria Park Complex.
Reigning REIQ Auctioneer of the Year and Australasian Auctioneering Champion Justin Nickerson will compete with former REIQ Auctioneer of the Year Mark MacCabe, former REINSW Auctioneer of the Year Gavin Croft and former REIQ Auctioneer of the Year finalist David Holmes.
The winner and runner-up of the REIQ Auctioneer of the Year 2019 will gain entry to the Australasian Auctioneering Championships, to be hosted by the REIQ in Queensland next year.
REIQ CEO Antonia Mercorella said this year’s event could be shaping up to be the best yet.
“The quality of the field this year is absolutely exceptional. All of our finalists have competed at this level before and with no rookies or debutantes in sight one thing is certain – we’ll see truly spectacular skills on show and it promises to be an exciting event,” Ms Mercorella said.
Competition coordinator Peter Burgin said the four finalists were among the best in the country and were not easily rattled.
“These guys are very, very experienced. They travel all over Australia and New Zealand conducting auctions every day and their skills are honed to a point.
“This competition will test their nerves, but they’re all battle-hardened. They won’t be easily tripped up and I’m looking forward to seeing this show,” Mr Burgin said.
The competitors’ suburb associations:
- Currently lives in East Brisbane
- Actively calls auctions in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Auckland
- Grew up in Sandgate
- Has a second home on the Gold Coast
- Currently lives in Paradise Point, Gold Coast
- Actively calls auctions in Gold Coast, Northern New South Wales
- Grew up on the Gold Coast
- Has a second home in Airlie Beach
- Currently lives in Redland Bay
- Actively calls auctions in Auckland, Sydney, Brisbane
- Grew up in Sunnybank and Redcliffe
- Had a second home on Stradbroke Island until recently sold
- Currently lives in West End
- Actively calls auctions in Brisbane and Sydney
- Grew up in Melbourne
The REIQ Auctioneer of the Year event will be a cocktail-style event at the Victoria Park Golf Complex on Thursday, 23 August.