Ruma Mundi might have carved out a highly regarded career as an agent and leader of First National North Western, but like many, the road to real estate success hasn’t all been smooth sailing.
Instead, it has involved thrilling highs and bitter lows, including the loss of a profitable business, a high court battle over the demise of a professional partnership, and the end of her marriage.
Now a sought-after industry speaker and award-winning agent, Ruma says, with the benefit of hindsight, she wouldn’t have it any other way. Each of the decisions she’s made ultimately led to a better place, even though she may not have known it at the time.
In this Courageous Conversation, Ruma offers a candid and thought-provoking insight into her journey, including the lessons she’s learned and the change in mindset she has made as a result.
Whether you’re a real estate leader, property manager or agent taking the first steps on the ladder to success, her story offers key takeaways about resilience, self-belief, internal reflection, and the wisdom gained through experience.
Ruma has always been the type of person who walks into a room driven to work the hardest and achieve the best outcome possible. She notes though that while her ambition to succeed remains, her decision-making process has changed.
Her experiences have led her to seek stillness and calm when weighing the options before her, while being mindful of the self-talk that happens within.
“The only thing I’d do differently now is make big decisions in a state of stillness and calm. To sit still with something has been a lot of hard work, but it’s paying off,” Ruma Mundi.
This episode of Courageous Conversations is brought to you by Connectnow
Leanne and Ruma also discuss:
- Why the goal posts of real estate constantly shift, and how to tame the voice in your head that compares your achievements with others
- How Ruma transformed her business from average to exceptional by drawing on the advice of an industry expert
- The key lessons Ruma learned from a failed business partnership
- How Ruma embraced business ownership with a newborn baby, just seven months after entering the industry
- Why success doesn’t look the same to everyone and as a leader it’s important to appreciate everyone has their own ambition and drive
- How painful experiences can provide agents with greater skills when negotiating sales
- The importance of positive self talk and how to silence the negative voice in your head.
- Ryan Holiday at AREC 2021 – Day 1
- Ryan Holiday at AREC 2021 – Day 2
- The Lives of the Stoics – Ryan Holiday and Stephen Hanselman
- The obstacle is the way – Ryan Holiday
- Stillness is the key – Ryan Holiday
- The Daily Stoic – Ryan Holiday
Ruma on Elite Agent
Connect with Ruma