While the real estate industry might have stood at a precipice of unknowns during Covid-19, the entertainment and events sector was forced into total freefall.
Events dried up, entertainment was off the cards, and every corporate gathering was cancelled.
So what do you do when your entire industry collapses? Well you pivot, and pivot again, in the hope one of those pirouettes pays off.
That’s exactly the situation Nicole White and her company Rock and Roll Team Building found themselves in over the past two years.
But in the face of extreme adversity and a landscape of business fear, she and business partner Ciaran Gribbin of INXS didn’t give up.
Instead, they used their love of music and their background in team building to help businesses and individuals manage the mental uncertainty and anxiety of a pandemic.
In this episode of Courageous Conversations with Leanne Pilkington, Nicole discusses how creating and experiencing music can help bring people together and foster wellbeing.
She shares the highs and lows of working in the entertainment industry over the past couple of years, including navigating the heartbreak of watching events dry up and finding the successful business she had built was on the brink of closure.
Nicole also offers an insight into how sound therapy and music alleviate stress and how the creation of music can bring a corporate team together in a whole new way.
“One of the main tools that music therapists use in their work is actually songwriting. So being able to work with someone who’s experienced trauma or who is experiencing depression and anxiety, or has had a tough time in life, allowing them to articulate that through songs – through writing, putting words to music – is a really powerful therapy tool,” Nicole White.
Leanne and Nicole also discuss:
- How Nicole turned a music career into a highly successful team building business sought after by corporations in Australia and the US.
- Why music and its creation can allow even the most reserved of corporate teams to come together, drop their inhibitions and engage.
- How breathing, music and sound can offer the calm that your team needs in a highly unpredictable world.
- What the music and events industry experienced during Covid lockdowns, and how they came together to find strength and resilience.
- Why business leaders need to continue to ask their team how they are and actively listen to the response to ensure their wellbeing.
- How you can use music and sound to start your day in a way that’s more relaxed, yet still feel ready to take on the world.
- Why providing employees with tools and information allows them to better manage their mental health and wellbeing.
- How sound therapy and music can raise the energy of the workplace and create a brighter, happier calmer team environment.
- Plus much, much more
Links and resources mentioned
Connect with Nicole
Connect with Leanne