Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 19:41 — 27.1MB) | Embed Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | RSS
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 19:41 — 27.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | RSS
With all the demands that real estate puts on you, it can be difficult to start a career as an agent later in life.
Principal of Stone Upper North Shore, Anna Cavill, might have started out as a sales agent later than others, but through hard work and constantly looking to improve, she has been able to quickly establish herself as one of the top performers in the country.
In this episode of the Courageous Conversations podcast with Leanne Pilkington, Anna talks about why she waited until the age of 43 to get started in real estate and how she was able to break into the industry as a mum working part-time.
She discusses what she did to get established early in her career and the reason she started building a team and working with a coach very early on.
Anna also talks about the importance of building a strong base when you’re new to real estate, so you can lean on that skill set throughout your career.
“It’s about forming a really good, solid base and then you can bounce from that base. Because if you get the base right, whatever market we are going through, you’ve got that base to rely on.” – Anna Cavill
Some key highlights of this Courageous Conversation, hosted by Leanne Pilkington:
- 1:15 – Why Anna made a late start in real estate.
- 4:31 – How Anna built a property business, helping people without a deposit get into a home.
- 6:57 – How Anna was flipping properties in New Zealand and spotting opportunities where others saw problems.
- 8:20 – How Anna managed to get a job as a real estate agent at the age of 43, as a mum, and while working part-time.
- 10:09 – What Anna did to out earn full-time agents when she was working as a part-time assistant.
- 11:15 – How Anna was able to find opportunities when she first started in the industry.
- 12:26 – The benefits of working with a coach when you’re finding your feet in real estate.
- 14:29 – Why Anna focuses on growth and improvement every single day.
- 15:10 – The challenges of running a business and dealing with finding good people to service clients in the right way.
- 16:44 – Why people considering working in real estate just need to jump in and get started.
- 17:25 – The key reason Anna decided to stay longer and learn instead of going out on her own earlier.
- 18:30 – The importance of having a great team around you even when you’re starting out on your own.
Stone Real Estate
Headstart Home Loans