If you’re tired of knocking on doors and making cold calls to try and generate new listings, then there might be a better way.
Former real estate agent Joel Maher was fed up with the traditional ways of generating leads so he turned to social media to try and find a better system.
Five years on, he is now the founder and marketing director of Scale Up Digital, a digital marketing agency that helps real estate agents generate new leads.
In this episode of the Elevate podcast with Elite Agent Managing Editor Samantha McLean, Joel talks about what agents can do to start building an audience and generating listings using social media and content.
He also talks about the importance of building trust and providing value first and reveals the best platforms and strategies all agents should be using in 2023.
Joel emphasises the importance of staying ahead of the trends, creating videos with great hooks and consistently providing more value than your competitors which will allow you to win over time.
“A lot of people don’t want to put the money and invest in building an audience first and building the trust. It’s just like if you go and door knock and say, ‘hey, list with me’, it’s probably not going to work straight away.” – Joel Maher
Some key highlights of this episode hosted by Elite Agent’s Samantha McLean include:
- 3:45 – Building an agency aimed at helping real estate agents grow their business
- 6:25 – The top social media platforms that are having the best results for agents in 2023
- 9:40 – Thy agents shouldn’t be “marketing for leads” and the right approach to take that will generate more listings
- 11:01 -The biggest mistakes agents are making right now and how to avoid them
- 13:54 – Clever strategies to attract buyers in a slowing market
- 16:10 – Why you still need to focus on your email list and how to properly nurture your leads to gain maximum trust
- 19:55 – The most effective way to create videos with great hooks that will keep your audience engaged
- 26:12 – The best place to start for an agent wanting to grow a social media audience in 2023.